- ISTE Chapter
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The major ive of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/DST/MIT/State Governments are well associated with the ISTE for programs relating to technical education.
The major ives of the ISTE are:
- To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
- To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
- To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
- To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
- To enhance professional ideals & standards.
- To foster research as a function complementary to teaching.
- To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists & professionals.
- To bring about effective age between technical institutions industry & society.
- To award honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the ives of Technical Education.
- ISTE Students Chapter at Karnataka Govt Polytechnic Mangalore was established in the academic year 2016-17 to encourage the students to actively participate in ISTE activities and to enhance their technical knowledge in building their career.
ISTE Student Chapter Activities
- Organizing students symposiums and seminars
- Organizing lectures by experts from industry, R&D organizations, defence services, government departments and other institutions.
- Coaching program for writing competitive examinations and attending job interview.
- Supervisory and communication skill development
- Training for self-employment
- Guidance on job opportunities in India and abroad
- Arranging training in industries and visits to industry
- Awareness on social, cultural and ethical values and norms
- Special Coaching and General counselling services
Sri. Bhagavan Prasad,
Selection Grade Lecturer, Mechanical Department
Karnataka Govt Polytechnic, Mangalore