Anti Ragging Committee Duty
Aims and Objectives of committee
· To make KPT Mangalore Campus “Zero Tolerance for Ragging” and Ragging free Zone by weeding out ragging in all its forms.
· To absolutely prohibit ragging within or outside the college campus.
· To prevent the occurrence of ragging by following anti ragging measures in the institution.
· To punish those who are indulging in ragging as per the guidelines.
· To sensitize students, staff and parents to adopt measures that will prevent ragging
Duties and Responsibilities of the Committee
The Committee shall, with regard to providing facilitating communication of information regarding incidents of ragging in any institution, take the following steps, namely;
The Committee shall establish, fund and operate, a toll-free Anti-Ragging Helpline, operational round the clock, which could be accessed by students in distress owing to ragging related incidents.
Any distress message received at the Anti-Ragging Helpline shall be simultaneously relayed to the Head of the Institution, the Warden of the Hostels.
The Head of the institution shall be obliged to act immediately in response to the information received from the Anti-Ragging Helpline.
The telephone numbers of the Anti-Ragging Helpline and all the important functionaries, Heads of departments, faculty members, members of the anti-ragging committee and anti ragging squads, Wardens of hostels, shall be widely disseminated for access or to seek help in emergencies.
The Committee shall maintain an appropriate data base to be created out of affidavits, affirmed by each student and his/her parents/guardians and stored electronically by the institution, either on its or through an agency to be designated by it; and such database shall also function as a record of ragging complaints received, and the status of the action taken thereon.
The Committee shall make available the database to a non-governmental agency to be nominated by the Central Government, to build confidence in the public and also to provide information of non compliance with these Regulations to the Councils and to such bodies as may be authorized by the Committee or by the Central Government.