About Placement Cell
- About Placement Cell
About the Placement Cell
The academic excellence at KPT is reflected in its student's exemplary record in placements in the corporate and engineering sectors. KPT has consistently maintained an excellent recruitment record. The Diploma graduates of KPT have been recruited by some of the world's leading corporate, besides leading Indian companies. The sheer diversity of Indian economy and society, whose different shades are represented among the students and faculty, prepares the students to work in global multicultural corporations / industries with following agenda.
- To assist the development of graduates with balanced set of technical skills, interpersonal skills and with a positive attitude to life.
- To act as a nodal agency in the Institution for forging technology. alliance between the Departments of KPT and the Industries.
- To act as a seamless conduit between the Industry and the Institute and provide quality technical manpower to suit every organizational need.
Sustained Excellence in Training, Placement and Career Orientation
- To develop the Department of placement & training as a single window nodal point for career counselling and Higher learning in Engineering & Technology fields
- To set up the Training Infrastructure for conducting value added training programs and enhance the employability of students
- To institute the best practices in conducting and co-ordinating the campus placement process for the industries in the institution
- To acquire the services of competent training agencies to train the students in soft skills and personality development programme.
The Placement Cell was established as a separate entity in the year 2010. The Cell presently coordinates with more than 100 leading organizations which recruits Engineers/Techno crafts for entry level positions in their respective organizations.
Soft skill Training program
The Training Programme which is being offered at the institutional level and being facilitated by the Placement Cell is aimed at orienting the students with life skills. Career orientation is achieved by training the students on the skills needed for a career in the corporate through Training on the different dimensions of development of individuals.
Value added activities
The Department of Placement & Training is recognized for its ability to plan and implement value added programs such as the Personality development programs, Technology Training Programs and Bridge Courses in the areas of interest and requirements for the Industry. This adds to the credentials of the students and builds the quality of the engineering professionals from the college.
Placement and Training Department is also providing necessary Pre-Placement Training for the pre-final year students in the form of Pre-Placement talks arranged by various industries / corporate, training from the seniors on nature of the written test being imparted and process of interview of different industries. Placement Department also regularly organizes talks from the various professionals from different organizatons.
Career guidance and Higher education:
The Placement Cell provides inputs on career opportunities for higher studies and arranging industrial visits to students.
Department wise personality development programmes are conducted.
In addition to the placement activities, the Cell involves in mentoring students for opportunities in higher education, entrepreneurship and internship